Tuesday, September 22, 2015

That Inexplicable Moment

There are moments in our lives that will forever be remembered intact, when every single thought or sensation felt is inscribed inside us in an inexplicable way, although try I shall.

It's difficult to know when the seeds for Vluxe were planted but I vividly remember when those seeds began to sprout; July 3, 2005 on Conesus Lake in the Finger Lakes area of New York.


On this day, every year, I usually spend it with friends at their beautiful lake home to begin the Fourth of July, Independence Day, celebrations. With other invited guests we enjoy the day which always includes boat rides, a fine meal and plentiful good wine. It has been a tradition that on this day the home owners around the lake light up flares on their shores as to create what is known as "The Ring of Fire". This is followed by spectacular fireworks set off by individual home owners and therefore, both the sky above the lake and the reflection off of the water thrill us overtime as though it were the first time.

The view from the porch is spectacular and the company of old friends couldn't be more comforting.
My bringing my lap top with me was completely out of place for this event, as it is counter intuitive to the relaxing atmosphere as it is plain rude. But alas, perhaps my friends are even better friends than I might give them credit for. Understanding my need to feed my creativity when it was presenting itself so forcefully was perhaps the best gift they could have given me. So kindly, they let me be on the porch with a beautifully peaceful view to allow my juices to flow.



Through the afternoon and the fireworks, explosions in the sky and within me, all the concepts for the collection were coming one after the other, at incredible speeds, one idea was a piece of the puzzle that would reveal itself before the night was through. On the 45 minute ride back while in the back seat of a friend's car, I was designing the logo, the colors were bright, a bit "in your face", surely encouraged by the night's spectacle in the sky.



To this day, my friends smile and recall in awe how possessively determined I was. Giving birth is not without its pain and drama, but the results are so rewarding.


Facebook Page 

Twitter Page

Instagram Page

Web Page
https://www.vluxe.net   


No comments:

Post a Comment